MiG-31 Foxhound ( 3 )

November 21st, 2013
by andrzej

MiG-31photo5

Ranks:

Mass production machines interceptor MiG -31 ” Foxhound ” was launched before the end of all tests and test flights . In June and July 1977, Sokol plant in Nizhny Novgorod ( the days of the Soviet Union was the Gorki ) , the first two serial aircraft with serial numbers 01-01 and 01-02 . Aircraft serial MiG -31 ( Izwielije 011) differ from the prototype machines (E- 155MP ) larger wing flaps , tail- less horizontal and przekonstruowanymi air brakes . Between the engines was established additional fairing that removes annoying vibrations of the rear part of the fuselage . Operational readiness of the first machines MiG -31 achieved in 1983 , and the first unit equipped with these planes was 786 IAP ( ” Istriebitiel Awiacjonnij Polka ” – ” Fighter Regiment “), Air Defence ( PWO – ” Powietrznyja Defense ” ) , stationed in Pravdinsk near Nizhny Novgorod , before using an MiG – 25PD . As already hinted above, the West first little news about the new interceptor fighter appeared after fleeing the Soviet Air Force pilot Viktor Belenki the aircraft MiG- 25P . In 1981, the U.S. published the first figure representing a hypothetical vision of how he could look like the MiG -31. In autumn 1985 years the MiG -31 was first photographed by the Norwegian F -16 over the Barents Sea and from then on it was determined in NATO code ” Foxhound ” . Manufacture of machinery MiG -31 in Nizhny Novgorod lasted until April 1994 , when it left the factory halls last, have a copy of the modified aircraft , designated MiG- 31M . In total, this time built around 450 aircraft of this type of all varieties . For the purpose of training crews used two-seat MiG – 25U . MiG -31 and MiG -25 were relatively similar in the pilot , so there was no urgent need for school and a training version of the MiG -31. Just before his fall, the Soviet Air Defence had 10 regiments excellently equipped for a total of about 300 MiG -31. They acted and act indeed to this day one of the key roles in the defense of Russia. They replenished the military units deployed at strategic points all over the Soviet Union , including in Monczegorsku , Gromov , Chotiłowie and Kotlas , shielding the country from the north, in Rostov- on-Don, where exercising the custody of the Black Sea , as well as Morszańsku and Bolshoi Sawino covering industrialized the center of the European part of Russia. On the eastern edge of Russia based regiments in Jelizowo Sokol in Kamchatka and Sakhalin . Near the border with China ‘s regiment in Bratsk , Russia and the central part of the machine with wspominanego patrol regiment in Pravdinsk . However, most likely, at the time the threat of war planes may be ferrying to other airports , mostly in the far north of the country . In the late 80’s and 90’s , the appeal machines TU -128 , SU- 15TM and the withdrawal of MiG – 25PD , the MiGach -31 slept almost the entire burden of the protection of vast areas of the Soviet Union . This was particularly important in the north, where there was the greatest probability of taking the impact of NATO ‘s strategic bombers . As mentioned earlier , the network of early warning systems and air defense is there extremely rare , which , incidentally, very conducive to the entry of low-flying , supersonic bomber machine type B- 1B Lancer . Therefore, the MiG -31 are designed with just such extreme conditions. Therefore, from the above mentioned bases MiG -31 , mostly in the center of Russia , for the duration of the threat of war planes probably will fly to other airports , most likely just to the north of the country. Sturdy , two-wheel main landing gear mounts used dog tags among other things , to facilitate machine handling the snow-covered runways . Due to the local poor radar network MiG -31 had very limited access to the information provided  control guidance on the ground. In this case, check the possibility of autonomous action , especially effective when mutual cooperation in the formation. Using this method the machine moving aircraft 4-6 groups at intervals up to 200/250km . In this way, thoroughly searched was a strip 800/1200km , exchanging vital information via data link . Today , devices enabling such cooperation to be nzastosowane including the upgraded MiG fighter 29SMT . The standardized tactical data exchange system was introduced in the U.S. Air Force at the beginning of the 80’s under the name of JTIDS and JSTARS . For the Russians, the system is still new , and only on completion of the work on this type of modules that may be applied in the near future for all airplanes PWO and WWS . ( see it really worth it )After the final collapse of Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War, the role of the MiG -31 in many respects considerably decreased. Since the United States ceased to be the ” main enemy ” and therefore in the absence of the threat of a massive NATO air strike , maintaining a large fleet of specialized interceptors in combat readiness was pointless . It was one of the main reasons for which in 1994 closed their serial production . Many machines were shifted to the reserve and reduced the amount of regiments sustained the highest level of combat readiness . On this day, the Russian Air Force is about 350 MiG -31 all versions. The council only foreign member of the MiG – 31 is Kazakhstan , which after the collapse of the Soviet Union accounted for about 30 aircraft from the former 356 IAP . Since the early 90’s, the Russians are trying to , as most of them military equipment , export MiG -31, but so far not found in any country seriously interested in buying them . Among others, it has been proposed Libya and Iraq , which, however, were covered by long embargo , as well as Sudan and China , which, however, decided to export the SU- 27sk . Even in Russia, his role began to gradually decrease. Interest in a jiffy -31 revived after several narrow NATO operations , including Desert Storm and directed against the former Yugoslavia, where cruise missiles were used and the tasks they put on MiGami -31 was to include DISABLE them . Thus, in Russia , these machines will be used in Russia , after extensive renovations and remodeling , even to the years 2025-2030 .

Posted in Old military Aircraft | Comments (17)

• dog tags says:

Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Finding the
    time and actual effort to create a very good article… but what can I say…
    I hesitate a whole lot and don’t manage to get anything done.

• ball chains says:

Greetings I am so excited I found your site, I
    really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Google for something else,
    Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the
    theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up
    the superb jo.

• varc.net says:

AT&T has been making great strides in service quality tying and in some
    cases outstripping their rival. The unlocked version is the same
    as those that have already hit the market, but they do not come with an SIM card.
    This will appeal to young adults in their early 20’s and even teenagers who often beg for an i – Phone as their birthday gift.

• varc.net says:

AT&T has been making great strides in service quality tying and
    in some cases outstripping their rival. Additionally, the sensor
    is about 170 microns thin with 500 ppi resolution and used to unlock the i – Phone 5S or make purchases.
    Beginning today Apple has begun accepting orders for unlocked GSM versions
    of the i – Phone 5S via the firm’s online store.

• varc.net says:

Additionally, the firm estimates that such spending
    will increase by another 13%. Online pharmacy is a legitimate platform to buy prescription and non prescription drugs without even visiting the
    doctor. If you know how to use the Internet, ordering your own prescriptions can be as easy
    as turning on the computer while taking your morning coffee,
    and you never have to leave your home doing it.

• dog tags says:

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

• dog tags says:

I savour, result in I found just what I was looking for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

• Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

• Your metabolism will definitely start to kick in and cut weight.

If this isn’t best weight loss trick you ever heard then I don’t know after that
    work for you. Making a short lived sacrifice won’t permanently solve a problem.

• dogtags says:

Activate the tuned in to view information regarding your nearby
    match if you will find the profile suitable, get caught up
    in seconds. You will probably be surprised that lots of people don’t are aware that they are able
    to track their pay per click marketing results in order that they failed to track at all.
    These notifications may help you manage your brand better
    and provide you with information about your competitors, industry and potential new business.

• dogtags says:

Here, you won’t need to compromise using the length of the design while there is enough space
    readily available for really large tattoos. A lots
    of people receive the tattoo inked for the back of the neck.
    Because the rapid flutter with their tiny wings, hummingbirds attract people.

• dogtags says:

You see, a proper workout will in fact weaken your muscle mass temporarily, and unless proper recovery and regeneration are given they’ll remain weaker, and
    then you works out again, further weakening your muscles,
    along with the cycle continues. Air Alert is a vertical jump program developed by TMT sports in 1991.

If your jump intensity lowers-if you had been jumping 36 inches whenever you did a depth jump and you can verify that because of your measuring device, and you’re simply now jumping 32-34 inches each time, you need to
    know that you will be beginning to teach below your optimal level.

• dogtags says:

Hummingbird feeders should be refilled twice a
    week or even more according to the quantity of Hummingbirds within your garden. Many women choose the ankle
    initially mainly because that the area can easily be shown or covered.
    Nevertheless, it is really an excellent name for such an incredible little bird, not think.

• My family all the time say that I am wasting my
    time here at net, except I know I am getting familiarity everyday by reading thes pleasant
    articles.

• dog tags says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup?

I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a
    pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Kudos

• I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website’s content all the time along with a cup
    of coffee.

• Hey there are using WordPress for your site platform?
    I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set
    up my own. Do you require any coding knowledge to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!